The #5005 Workwear Pants - Faded Black
Pants with a classic silhouette and designed with attention to detail.
Key features of the #5005 Black Workwear Pants include:
- 100% organic cotton
- Zip fly
- Deep pockets
- Lined waistband
- Natural Corozo buttons
- Triple needle stitching
- Model is 5'11''/180cm and is wearing a 28" waist
Designed in Manchester, Hand-made in India. Made for everyone, and built to last.
Nowadays, we're encouraged to throw our clothes onto the scrap heap at the slightest sign of wear and tear.
That's why we've created a product that is legitimately durable and built to last. But we understand that at some point, any product is bound to start tiring.
To try to combat the issue of clothes going to the landfill, we've built a cohesive repair system into our brand, to target each stage of the products lifespan.
All of our Uskees garments come with a free repair kit. These kits are tailored to each product, providing the appropriate materials to take care of any small repairs
If it’s more serious than that, we offer a free repair service. We’ll fix up your garment and send it back to you, ensuring that it remains essential to your life.
To register your item for our free repair service simply enter your email address at the bottom of the page.
For more details about how to return your garment for repair, please click here.
We also understand that sometimes you just get bored of an item of clothing, or it starts to look a bit past its best. If that happens, we’d be more than happy to buy your garment back and repurpose it, just click here to find out more.
Basic Care Tips for Uskees Clothing
- Try to wash clothing less which will help to prolong the life of your Uskees clothing
- Try airing your clothes and then see if they really need to be washed
- Sponge small spots or stains with water to try and remove them
- Don’t use a biological washing powder as these contain small amounts of bleaching agents which will cause colour fading of organic cotton over time
- Always wash your Uskees garments inside out
- Try a wash cycle with a low spin to prevent too much creasing
- If you are line drying your Uskees outside, dry the garment inside out to prevent any sun fading and avoid strong sunlight especially with black colours
- Only iron when necessary
- Get your storage right - storage is important to make sure your clothing looks its very best every time you put it on. Folding and piling your clothing encourages creases that can stay forever. Hang up shirts on a good quality hanger and use clip hangers to hang your pants in the wardrobe to avoid excess creasing
We use GOTS standard organic cotton for all of our Uskees products. When washing your clothing you need to carefully read the washing instructions on the Wash Care Label which can be found inside the garment.
Let's take a look at the Uskees Wash Care Label
You will notice that the front of the Wash Care Label says 'Be Kind to the Planet – wash cold’.
If you use cooler water there are many benefits to you and the planet, these include:
- Helps your clothes last longer - heat can cause damage to fabrics and fibres
- Reduces your carbon footprint - when you put a load of washing on, around 90% of the energy used by your washing machine is needed to heat the water. The simple act of washing clothes in cold water can make a huge difference to the reduce the amount of CO2 emissions that contribute to air pollution
- Saves money - when you can wash your clothes in cold water, you should save money because you’re not spending so much on electricity to heat up the water
If you look on the other side of the Wash Care Label you will see the following:
- 30°C Washing Machine temperature - it is recommended that you wash your Uskees clothing at 30°C or lower as low temperature washing not only saves energy, it also prolongs the life of your garment. As organic cotton is not treated with chemicals to reduce the shrinkage effects of heat it needs to be treated with more care and not subjected to high washing temperatures
- Machine wash inside out with similar colour fabrics as colour may transfer - because chemical colour fixatives are not used, please do not mix dark colours with light ones for the first few washes due to possible dye bleed
- Do not bleach - eco-friendly dyes are just as long lasting as the chemical dyes used on conventional products, however they will fade if powerful biological detergents (many of which contain bleaching agents) are used. Do not use chlorine bleach when washing Uskees’ products as it will fade the colour of the organic cotton and weaken the garment's fibre strength
- Tumble dry low - be careful how you dry organic cotton apparel. As organic cotton is not treated with chemicals to reduce the shrinkage effects of heat it needs to be treated with more care and not subjected to high drying temperatures for a prolonged period of time. If possible, hang your garment to dry or line dry outside out of direct sunlight
- Warm iron - It’s important to understand that organic cotton isn’t treated with anti-wrinkle chemicals, so it can crease easily. Don’t leave it in the washing machine for a prolonged period after the wash cycle has finished as this will result in more creasing. To help reduce creasing, give the garment a shake when it comes out of the machine. We recommend that you iron your garment, if necessary, at a low temperature when it is still damp
- Do not Dry Clean - we do not recommend that you have your Uskees’ garments dry cleaned. The high heat will cause the material to shrink and the chemical solvents used in dry cleaning can weaken the fibre strength
Look great but button snapped on first wear. Repair kit provided and free lifetime repairs offered so easy to fix.
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback, we are so sorry to hear that you have had an issue with the button this early, i can assure you that this is not a reflection oif the usual quality, i have sent an email to see if there is anything we can do to help resolve this.
Sorry for the inconvenience
I normally wear a 27, but I really wanted to try these pants. I figured if they didn't quite fit, I could get them tailored. I was so happy to discover they have adjustable buttons on each side of the waist area, essentially allowing the fit to change from like, a 27 to a 27.5 to a 28. This is also great for anyone who may have slight size fluctuation — no more buying new pants!
I do have a few nit-picky notes. I was surprised the leg didn't have a looser fit. Despite how they photograph on the website, mine fit like a tapered, straight-leg pant. I'm 5'9" and 130 pounds, which seems to be on par with the model (if not slightly smaller). The material is a bit thinner than I was hoping. Stylistically, I'm not wild about the two different kinds of back pockets, but I often wear oversized tops that cover them anyway. If both pockets were flat without a flap or button, I'd buy them in every color.
Overall, I'm still very happy with these pants and will probably purchase another pair in the future. Thanks, Uskees!
Many thanks for your postive review and constructive feedback it is appreciated, we will certainly take this on board and bear in mind when we are looking at developing new trousers in the future
Hope to see you back soon!
Well made, comfortable and look great. Good fit too as described.
I am very happy with my purchase and expect to enjoy many years of wear.
Just received a pair of the faded black workwear pants and they're fabulous. Nice little package with free tote bag, great fit, nice cool cotton material for the summer.
Superb quality and service for the price.
Lovely way to start the week!