The fast fashion model has made the clothing industry a worldwide problem, with waste growing at a faster rate than ever. If a product shows the slightest sign of wear and tear, we’re encouraged to throw it onto the scrap heap and buy something new. At Uskees, we’re striving to find a better way forward.
By focussing on craft and using organic materials, we’ve created a product that is legitimately durable and built to last. We get it though - at some point any product is bound to start tiring. That’s why we include a mini repair kit with every Uskees item, so that you give your garment a bit of TLC whenever you want. If it’s more serious than that, we offer a free and comprehensive repair service. We’ll fix up your garment and send it back to you, ensuring that it remains essential to your life.
Returning the garment
We strive to make the repairs service as easy as possible, but here are some handy pointers and guidelines to help you on your way:
- Garments must be returned clean and not dirty – we reserve the right to refuse to carry out repairs if garments are returned dirty.
- Our repair service is free, but we do reserve the right to decline repair if we feel that the damage is deliberate.
- Return postage? – we do ask that customers pay for the garment to be returned to us. We recommend using a tracked service to ensure that nothing missing.
- Once your item has been repaired, we return it using a tracked service that is charged to the customer. An email will be sent out including carrier details and tracking number.
- Liability – we accept no liability for garments that are lost in the post. In the event that a parcel goes missing, we will aim to resolve the situation. Whilst we will not be able to refund an item, we’re happy supply you with an Uskees credit note up to the value of the garment
- If sending the garment back from outside of the EU, customers will need to mark their parcels with “USED GARMENT REPAIR”. We will not accept any custom charges; the parcel will be returned to sender if charges are incurred.
How we repair
We endeavour to colour match as best we can, but please note that as garments age, their colour fades. We will on occasion need to use a fabric patch on the inside of the garment – there is no extra charge for this.
The turnaround for repairs is approximately 2 weeks.
Prior to sending anything back to us, please contact us via email, including some images and a brief description of the required repair. This speeds up the whole process, and allows us to allocate a unique repair reference number.
Once you have your reference number, please return your parcel with the following information included:
- Your full name and address including a contact number.
- The item that you are sending back
- Your repair reference number
- Your return address if any different
P and C Retail UK Ltd, Unit 8, Park Road Estate, Timperley, Altrincham, Cheshire. WA14 5QH
If you have any other questions, email us at: email@example.com